Offering of the Prosphora
Today`s Prosphora are offered by Stella Andriotakis.
Fellowship Hour today is sponsored by the Tsopelas/Dussi Families.
GOYA Raffle Drawing
The GOYA will have its Raffle Drawing today during Fellowship Hour. If you have not yet bought your raffle tickets for tickets to the Portland Trail Blazers and the Boston Celtics game, please make sure to get them after Liturgy.
Lamb Shank Dinner
Come and enjoy a great dinner Saturday, January 28, from 5:30 to 8:30 pm. Bring your family and friends for our signature Festival meal!
In order to get the lambs shanks ready, we need many hands to prepare them. Preparation will be Thursday, January 26 at 5:00 pm. There are 120 lambs shanks to prepare, so we need all the help we can get!
Mysteries of the Jesus Prayer
This Tuesday, January 24, 7:00 pm, we will continue our praying and learning about the Jesus Prayer, the fundamental prayer of the Orthodox spiritual life. Come and learn to deepen your prayer life and try your hand at tying the knot of the prayer rope!
Discovering the Liturgy for the First Time
Our Discovering the Way Series continues this week on Wednesday at 7:00 pm. We will be looking in detail at the ceremonies and prayers of the Divine Liturgy, and especially discussing ways of making these ceremonies and prayers real in our own lives.
Even if you did not come to the first session, you are welcome to join us for this session to learn more about the most important thing an Orthodox Christian can do--worship God at the Divine Liturgy.
The 2012 Parish Council has elected the officers for the year:
President: Angela Tsopelas
Vice President: Joe Spaulding
Treasurer: Jim Yavorski
Secretary: Jim Speralakis
Please keep them in your prayers that they will fulfill their duties with fervor and faith!
Mark Your Calendar
Saturday, January 28--Lamb Shank Dinner
Sunday, February 12--Candy and Bake Sale and GOYA flower sale
Saturday, February 18--Apokreatiko Dance
Parish Planning Calendar
Annunciation Church is blessed to have various groups and clubs sponsor activities that enrich our parish life. The Parish Planning Calendar is a year-at-a-glance calendar posted in the church office. Those planning an event or activity can check the calendar for availability. Organizers will be able to see what`s coming up so that there is no overlap in securing a date or space within the church. The calendar is for reference only. Joanne Perreault will administer the parish calendar and add items as they are requested.
Booking your event is easy. Simply do the following:
1. Review the calendar to see what other events are taking place so that you may plan accordingly. Remember that Nicholson Hall is available for rental to the general public. If you would like to hold that space, you must check availability with Joanne Housianitis, Function Hall Manager, in addition to holding the date with Joanne Perreault.
2. Once you have a date in mind, contact Joanne Perreault at 978-388-8353 or via email at The.Perreaults@verizon.net. If you need to check Nicholson Hall availability, include Joanne Housianitis in the email at email@example.com.
3. Joanne Perreault and/or Joanne Housianitis will check the calendars to be sure your preferred date is available and will notify you if there are any concerns or potential conflicts.
4. If your date is available, Joanne Perreault will add it to the planning calendar and if applicable, Joanne Housiantis will add it to the function hall calendar.
St. Basil Cook`s Corner
This week we served our guests Shepherd's Pie which was prepared by a group of friends of St. Basils. Our cooks included Joanna Tsiantas, Maria Connor, Marina Eroshkin, Presbytera Anna, Anna Chetsas, Ekaterina Harakstis, Trish Neos, and Elizabeth Keefe. We thank you all for preparing the meal. Our guests are always so appreciatiative of our chefs.
Our kitchen crew led by Mike Murphy included Mary Claire Francis, Annie Sayers, Ann Peralta and Peter Mamakos. We could not do this with out all of you !!!!!!!!!!
Please remember St. Basil's Ministries in your prayers. There are many ways you can help, from volunteering to cook at home for us, to helping with ongoing expenses of the Monday meals program, or making a donation to support the work of SBM. This ministry is one of the outreach programs of our parish. It is everyone's ministry.
Winter is here! We need to start getting toiletry bags together for distribution by our GOYA on the Lazarus House Soup Truck and at other times.
1) Fabric or small cloth bags (these need to be able to hold something the size of a regular shampoo bottle).
2) Toothpaste, deodorant, bodywash or soap, combs or hair brushes.
Please bring regular size items. They are actually not more expensive than the sample size items, and last much longer!
Thank you for your generosity.
Can You Help Out Our Choir?
The choir is getting ready to order some new choir robes and stoles and we are soliciting donations from parishioners. If anyone would like to make a donation towards the new robe/stole purchase, both the choir and board would be much appreciative. Please see Stacey Kevorkian if you are interested in making a donation.